Looking for the best diffuser blends for the cold and flu season?
Diffusing antiviral and antibacterial essential oils can help to purify the air, combat germs and reduce the spread of bacteria. Some essential oils can even assist with alleviating symptoms like nasal congestion, immunity support and fatigue.
Keep reading as we share 10 of our favourite diffuser blends for the cold and flu season below.
Why diffuse essential oils?
Diffusing essential oils is a great way to experience the benefits of aromatherapy through inhalation. By diffusing essential oils directly into your environment, we can actually influence our mood, emotions and energy levels.
An essential oil diffuser works by spraying the oils through a pinhole with a high-pressure gust of air or water. You can diffuse your favourite essential oils individually, or create essential oil “blends” for a range of different purposes - from relieving stress and anxiety, to supporting a healthy immune system.
Antiviral diffuser blends for cold and flu season
Antiviral and antibacterial essential oils (like tea tree, clove, lemongrass, thyme and eucalyptus) can help to combat airborne germs and prevent the spread of bacteria. The following diffuser blends are ideal for protecting your home and purifying the air during cold and flu season:
- 5 drops tea tree + 2 drops lemongrass + 4 drops clove
- 1 drop cinnamon + 5 drops sweet orange + 4 drops ginger
- 2 drops eucalyptus + 2 drops thyme + 7 drops lemon
Diffuser blends for congestion
Feeling stuffy or blocked up with nasal congestion? Choose essential oils that will open up your airways, loosen mucus, and provide a soothing effect. Some of the best essential oils for congestion include grapefruit, frankincense, peppermint and lemon. Be inspired by these essential oil blends for your home:
- 4 drops cypress + 4 drops grapefruit + 2 drops frankincense
- 5 drops eucalyptus + 4 drops frankincense + 2 drops peppermint
- 4 drops lemon + 4 drops lavender + 3 drops peppermint
- 3 drops cedarwood + 3 drops lavender + 2 drops chamomile
Diffuser blends for fatigue
Battling fatigue, drowsiness or headaches? Opt for uplifting and energising essential oils to help you recharge. Some of the best essential oils to combat fatigue include peppermint, rosemary, grapefruit, lemongrass and bergamot. Use these stimulating blends to boost your energy levels:
- 1 drop peppermint + 2 drops basil + 2 drops rosemary + 4 drops grapefruit
- 2 drops lemongrass + 2 drops bergamot + 2 drops grapefruit
- 2 drops wild orange + 3 drops peppermint + 2 drops lemongrass
Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter here!