If you know someone who suffers with gout or have had it yourself, then you know what a horrible condition it can be. Trying to get some relief for the symptoms can be just as painful and difficult as gout itself!
Gout is caused by a build-up of uric acid crystals deposited in the joint. The acid is formed by a natural breakdown of dead tissue in the body. Symptoms of gout can include severe pain in the affected area along with stiffness and swelling of the joints. The good news is, Inspire Me Naturally is here to help when it comes to natural remedies that can assist with the treatment of gout.
Essential oils can be a simple and effective way to help relieve painful gout symptoms, but it’s important to make sure you choose the right oils for the job! The best Doterra Essential Oils to treat gout include;
Once you have chosen your oils, there are a few different ways you can explore their benefits when it comes to treating gout.
Some of the most effective ways to treat gout using Doterra Essential Oils include;
- Place 1 to 2 drops in 230ml of water and drink
- Place 1 to 2 drops under the tongue
- Place 1 to 2 drops in the affected area of the gout
- Add 1 to 2 drops to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and massage into the area of the gout
A quick definition of Essential Oils from the book Modern Essentials, Eighth Edition;
Essential Oils are substances created inside the aromatic plants that are both volatile (they evaporate) and oil soluble (they easily mix with oils and fats).
While pure essential oils are generally safe to apply to skin and sometimes orally in the recommended amounts, a few oils can cause discomfort. To prevent this, always use a vegetable oil such as coconut oil to relieve the discomfort. Never use water to dilute the essential oils when applying to the skin because water and oil don’t mix, using water over the essential oil may drive the oil into deeper tissue.
Along with essential oils, Himalayan salt is another natural remedy that can help to relieve the symptoms of gout. Some of the most effective ways to utilise Himalayan salt for gout treatment include:
- Add1-2 cups of Himalayan bath salts to a bathtub or 1 cup for a warm foot bath and let the affected area soak in the salty water for 18 to 20 minutes. Repeat 2 to 3 times a week until the gout has cleared.
- Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup Himalayan salt and apply to the affected area. You can also use normal vinegar but apple cider is preferred as it helps to enhance and speed up the treatment of gout. You can also add the above Doterra Essential Oils to enhance and speed up the process.
Along with the tips above, don’t forget to take natural steps towards a healthier lifestyle to prevent gout from occurring in the first place. Try to maintain a healthy body weight as it leaves less body tissue to breakdown, as well as having a balanced diet and drinking plenty of water!