After the year that was, it’s important to prioritise self-care in 2021. Taking some time out to refresh and recharge each day helps to boost our mood, manage our stress levels and even sleep better at night.
Not sure where to begin on your self-care journey? It’s all about making small changes and incorporating mindful practices into each day. From essential oils to sage sticks and crystals, keep reading as we round up our top 5 self-care products to use in 2021 and beyond!
Essential Oils for Self-Care
Exploring aromatherapy can be a beautiful daily ritual when it comes to self-care in 2021. Essential oils have the ability to influence our mood and emotional state - they can be used to relax, uplift, focus and stimulate our senses.
There are so many great ways to incorporate essential oils into your everyday routine, such as:
- Use an essential oil diffuser to diffuse energising oils (like Peppermint, Wild Orange or Lemon) each morning to get you ready for the day ahead.
- Create a calming roller blend using soothing oils (like Lavender, Ylang Ylang or Bergamot). During a busy or stressful day, take 5 minutes to massage the blend into your wrists, neck and pulse points.
- Prepare for sleep by adding a few drops of Lavender oil to your bath, body moisturiser, or directly to your pillow.
- Add your favourite essential oils to an aromatherapy necklace and enjoy their beautiful fragrance throughout the day.
- Diffuse grounding oils like Sandalwood, Frankincense and Neroli while meditating to promote calm and balance.
Magnesium for Self-Care
Soaking in a magnesium bath at least 2-3 times a week can do wonders for your health. Magnesium salt baths are thought to ease stress and tension, relieve muscle pain and cramps, elevate your mood and support a deep and restful sleep - just to name a few benefits! You can learn more about using magnesium flakes for health and wellness here.
Himalayan Salt Lamps for Self-Care
Create a beautiful home environment using Himalayan salt lamps! These incredible crystals act as natural air purifiers, while also producing negative ions to boost your mood. We recommend placing a salt lamp in rooms where you spend the most time, such as your bedroom, living room or office. Read 5 reasons to keep a Himalayan salt lamp in every room here!
Sage Sticks for Self-Care
Start the year right with a sage smudging ritual! This potent herb is associated with cleansing, purity and inviting positive energy into your life.
Simply place your sage stick in a fire-safe container, light it until you see a flame, and blow it out. Fan the embers from the stick as you spread the smoke throughout each room of your home while setting your intentions for the year ahead.
Selenite for Self-Care
Selenite is one of the best crystals to support self-care in 2021. This transparent crystal is renowned for its cleansing and healing abilities, and is thought to clear negative energy from the surrounding environment. Selenite also has calming properties, making it ideal for meditation, yoga or spiritual work. Consider placing selenite towers around your home, or using selenite wands to clear your aura when you feel a build-up of negative energy!Looking for more health and wellness tips, special offers and exclusive discounts? Sign up for our Inspire Me Naturally newsletter.